1 hr 20 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Unbelievable! Time does not include lentil soaking time of 2-3 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 1/2 large sweet potatoes, 1cm thick
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup quinoa (raw weight)
- 1/2 cup green lentil (raw weight)
- 1 bunch english spinach, washed
- sea salt & pepper
Roasted tomato sauce
- 1Sprinkle eggplant with sea salt, and leave for 20-30 minutes. Rinse and dry. Pre-bake all sliced vegetables on a tray. Cook rinsed quinoa at a ratio of 1 cup seeds to 2 cups water on low heat and covered until all water is absorbed.
- 2Soak lentils for 2-3 hours, rinse and boil in fresh water.
- 3Mix quinoa and lentils with some of the tomato sauce.
- 4Stack in layers in baking dish, starting with sweet potato and finishing with a layer of eggplant. Bake at 160ºC for approximately 30-40 minutes, covering half way through cooking time.
- 5If necessary, rest before cutting into squares. Serve on spinach leaves with extra tomato sauce and top with a dollop of cashew cheese or pesto.
- 6For the tomato sauce: roast tomatoes, onions and garlic in oven until they get some colour. Add spices, herbs and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes and blend in food processor. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Eggplant Moussaka With Roasted Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 115.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.7 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 16.4 g