Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional eggnog with substitutes for the milk and cream. It's still rich, because it contains eggs and coconut milk. Use pasteurized eggs, if you can find them.
- Beat egg yolks until they are lemon-colored. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until completely disolved.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the hemp milk, coconut milk and nutmeg. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg mixture. Return everything to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add rum or extract. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When mixture has chilled, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in the 1 Tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the beaten egg whites into the chilled mixture.