This is a traditional eggnog with substitutes for the milk and cream. It's still rich, because it contains eggs and coconut milk. Use pasteurized eggs, if you can find them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks until they are lemon-colored. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until completely disolved.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine the hemp milk, coconut milk and nutmeg. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 3Gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg mixture. Return everything to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F.
- 4Remove from heat and add rum or extract. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- 5When mixture has chilled, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in the 1 Tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the beaten egg whites into the chilled mixture.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy-Free Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 99.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g