Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
Dairy Free/Gluten Free. It's almost too simple to be so good!
Make and share this Dairy Free Cream Soup / White Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together milk and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stir in margarine, bouillon, salt & pepper.
- Stir constantly, heat to boiling, and simmer until thick (a minute or two).
- Use as white sauce, or add canned chicken for "cream of chicken" soup, or can of mushrooms for "cream of mushroom" soup.
I would give this 10 stars if I could! This is the first dairy free recipe that I've tried that is actually better than the real thing!! My son has a diary allergy and I recently used this soup base in a chicken and rice recipe: kid-friendly-chicken-and-rice-159337. The flavor of this recipe is much bolder than traditional cream soups in a can and goes very nicely with chicken dishes. My only cautionary tip would be to watch the amount of salt if this recipe is used as a replacement cream soup in other dishes, you may want to reduce or eliminate the extra salt since the boullion usually adds plenty in itself. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for an amazing dairy alternative!!!!
This is very good but please be careful - my chicken bouillion has BUTTER OIL in it and therefor is not dairy-free. (Wyler's granules)
I added some left over chopped chicken breasts and a can of mushrooms. Delicious!!! And soooooo easy. I will for sure make this again.