Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have had to go dairy free so there are many recipes I cannot even try. This one is one I modified from Chicken Rice Casserole. It has a nice flavor considering its diary free. I used leftover grilled chicken in it. My youngest son can sometimes be hard to please and he really enjoyed this.
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 44.37-59.16 ml flour
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml chicken bouillon powder
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml peas (frozen works well)
- 118.29 ml sliced frozen carrots
- 59.14-118.29 ml plain breadcrumbs (make sure they are dairy-free as some store-bought bread crumbs contain milk products)
- In large skillet bring 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp water to a light simmer.
- Add flour slowly and blend until smooth.
- Add thyme, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Slowly add 2 cups of water and bouillon then continue blend until its a smooth consistency.
- Add cooked chicken and stir.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish and layer rice in bottom.
- Layer peas and carrots onto rice.
- Carefully pour chicken mixture over vegetables.
- Dust bread crumbs over the casserole.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Enjoy with a fresh salad.