I have had to go dairy free so there are many recipes I cannot even try. This one is one I modified from Chicken Rice Casserole. It has a nice flavor considering its diary free. I used leftover grilled chicken in it. My youngest son can sometimes be hard to please and he really enjoyed this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peas (frozen works well)
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen carrots
- 1/4-1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs (make sure they are dairy-free as some store-bought bread crumbs contain milk products)
- 1In large skillet bring 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp water to a light simmer.
- 2Add flour slowly and blend until smooth.
- 3Add thyme, onion powder, garlic powder.
- 4Slowly add 2 cups of water and bouillon then continue blend until its a smooth consistency.
- 5Add cooked chicken and stir.
- 6Lightly grease a casserole dish and layer rice in bottom.
- 7Layer peas and carrots onto rice.
- 8Carefully pour chicken mixture over vegetables.
- 9Dust bread crumbs over the casserole.
- 10Bake in a 400°F oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
- 11Enjoy with a fresh salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 502.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 23.6 g