That is Dr House to you's Note:
From the cookbook Whole Foods about the whole food diet. Note due to the Cashews I have not made this. The wife isn't allowed the fat and I know of no sub for them at this time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the agar agar with the 1 1/2 cups water at room temperature Bring this to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes then add the other water.
- 2Now pour into a blender and add the cashews and remaining ingredients. Blend until creamy.
- 3Pour into a bread pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4You may freeze after it firms up.
- 5Note: I don't think this will melt but I could be wrong. The authors say it reminds them of the American Cheese Food and works on sandwiches or you can shred for pizza.
- 6Servings depend on use and taste.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 357.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: