I used to make a richer brownie, but I haven't made them since I developed these. I like them because they don't try too hard to be healthy, but are not too sickly-rich either. Just right, in fact! Note: Recently, I have been cutting back on the sugar. I am now usually using about 1 2/3 cups. I usually use at least part Sucanat (an unrefined organic sugar) as well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9"x13" pan; or, better, line it with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together the oil, soy milk, vanilla, egg and brown rice syrup.
- Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Scrape into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan, cut into squares, and remove.