Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Finally a dairy free version of my favorite cheese-and-crackers cheese! This is from The Uncheese Cookbook and tastes amazingly like the real thing. Be careful not to over-garlic or over-spice this one, it can be overpowering, even for a garlic lover like me. Umeboshi plum paste is found at natural food stores or by mail order. Cook time includes chilling time.
- Throw everything into the food processor and process to a smooth paste, scraping down the sides every minute or so.
- It will take 3-4 minutes total to get it good and smooth.
- Chill overnight in a covered container to allow the flavors to blend.
- (Don't even think about tasting it until then!) Serve cold or at room temperature on crackers, pasta, potatoes, etc.
- It has a grayish color, but the flavor is out of this world.