Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fresh, crisp coleslaw that my sis and me came up with one night to go with our dinner. Its referencing some Asian flavours and we think its really yummy. I hope youll enjoy it, too!
- 1⁄2 sweetheart cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, toasted and lightly salted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pumpkin seed oil (dark and good quality)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (I used a hot variety)
- 1 teaspoon sucanat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground chili pepper
- black pepper
- In a big bowl combine everything and toss to coat.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for an hours or so before serving. Enjoy!
I made some minor subs due to supply (having scaled back for 3 serves) in that I used and 1/8 of and savoy cabbage, sultanas for raisines, cashews for peanuts and didn't know what sucanat was till I googled and used brown sugar but basically all the compents where there and it was a delcious salad served with Chinese Pork Ribs (Crock Pot). We had some left over salad and the DM has claimed it as a sandwish filler (and from a veggie hater that is high praise). Thank you Lalaloula, made for Went To Market tag game.
I enjoyed this salad! I added celery, apples, and toasted almonds to the mix and adjusted the dressing, using a little more oil and making more. Thanks for a great, fiber packed lunch! Made for Vegetarian Swap Feb. 2012.