Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Comfort food - chicken noodle soup
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leeks or 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 ounces noodles
- Place all ingredients except noodles in the Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones, dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles.
- Cook another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on high).
This soup was very good and comforting during the freezing weather we were having. Also, had some sick ones and they enjoyed it, too. Will make it again sometime. I left the accent out and added some extra spices, Spike. Also cooked the noodles separate and added to each bowl so they wouldn't get mushy. Thank you.
First time making chicken noodle soup - fantastic! I used some chicken broth I had left from making shredded chicken earlier in the week so it ended up being half broth & half water. Also first time using leek. I've never been a fan of chicken noodle soup since the stuff out of the can always seems... slimy. But this stuff is slime-free. Very mild too. Perhaps I'll add a little more spice next t ime.
We left out the basil because we aren't big basil fans around here, but this was super! I love that the noodles are added into the pot and I don't have to cook them separately. Super easy. We used Penne noodles and after 45 minutes on low, they were almost overdone, so I'd watch the noodles a little more next time, but the taste was good, my kids liked it and it was perfect for cool Fall evening!