55 hrs 10 mins
Wonderful comfort food without the milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, bring 2 cups of the water and cinnamon stick to a boil over high heat.
- 2Stir in rice and return to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 35 - 40 minutes, or until rice is very tender and water has been absorbed.
- 3Stir in the remaining 1 cup water, apple juice, brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 4Cook, covered, over low heat until rice is creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 5Beat in eggs and currants (or raisins). Cook, stirring, until thickened and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 6Discard cinnamon stick.
- 7For best flavor, serve warm.
- 8*** another variation used orange juice instead of apple juice.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Stove Top Rice Pudding - Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 33.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g