3 hrs 15 mins
Jodi Consoli's Note:
I love eggnog but can't have the dairy. Then it occurred to me that it would be great made with coconut milk - which is my milk substitute of choice. I couln't find a recipe here that just called for coconut milk, so I searched the web where I found many sites posting such a recipe as all of the sites that I looked at posted the same recipe, I am not crediting where it came from. I also like this recipe because everything gets cooked. I haven't tried it yet because I wanted to post it on here so I could easily calculate the ingredients for a smaller batch as it is just for me. Prep time is estimated - total time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat, but do not boil, coconut milk and honey.
- 2Beat egg yolks with vanilla extract.
- 3Add half of coconut milk mixture to egg yolks and stir.
- 4Add back into remaining coconut milk and stir.
- 5Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until egg nog thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- 6Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg (Note that cinnamon and nutmeg will not dissolve, so you may wish to add them when you drink it.).
- 7Allow to cool to room temperature, add rum now if you choose.
- 8Then cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Milk Eggnog (Soy and Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.0
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.3 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 119.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g