Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy light custard with a delicate coconut flavor.
Make and share this Coconut Creme Caramel - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Put half the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir and let the sugar caramelize. When melted and golden brown (not burnt), pour the caramel equally into 4 remekins.
- In a small pan, heat the coconut milk over allow heat until warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with the remaining sugar until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the coconut milk, beating as you do.
- Strain the custard and pout into remekins. put the remekins into a baking panm and pour enough hot water around them so it come halfway up the cups.
- bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the coconut caramels are set.
- When cool, refrigerate the remekins.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the bowl and invert onto plate.
- Make 4 individual custards.