Creamy light custard with a delicate coconut flavor.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 300.
- 2Put half the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Stir and let the sugar caramelize. When melted and golden brown (not burnt), pour the caramel equally into 4 remekins.
- 4In a small pan, heat the coconut milk over allow heat until warm.
- 5In a bowl, beat eggs with the remaining sugar until light and creamy.
- 6Gradually add the coconut milk, beating as you do.
- 7Strain the custard and pout into remekins. put the remekins into a baking panm and pour enough hot water around them so it come halfway up the cups.
- 8bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the coconut caramels are set.
- 9When cool, refrigerate the remekins.
- 10To serve, run a knife around the edges of the bowl and invert onto plate.
- 11Make 4 individual custards.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Creme Caramel - Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.7 mg
- Sodium 84.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 90.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g