WI Cheesehead's Note:
I took a Penzey's recipe and changed it quite a bit (making it GF/CF and adding protein and fiber) into my own. Took a chance and the family loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups rice milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance margarine (or butter if you tolerate it)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (see Gluten Free Flour Blend)
- 2 -4 tablespoons hemp protein powder (or other favorite protein powder)
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- 2Combine the oats and the milk and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream together the Earth Balance, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; add the oat mixture and stir to blend.
- 4Add the oat mixture and stir to blend.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, flax meal, cinnamon, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- 6Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin pan, filling about 2/3 full.
- 7Sprinkle each muffin generously with cinnamon sugar (this will make a crusty layer on top).
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place on rack to cool, careful not to tip over and lose any topping.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 188.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance margarine