Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This chocolate-coffee-cinnamon flavored cake is pure ooey, gooey perfection. The cake turns out moist and rich and is meant to be served piping hot from the oven with a scoop or two of vanilla (or your favorite) ice cream. Don't bother slicing it into squares--just use a serving spoon! And the best part for those with allergies is it's egg and dairy free! If you're making this for children and don't want all the caffeine from the coffee, just substitute decaffeinated coffee.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coffee, cold
- 1 cup coffee, hot and fresh
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (or your favorite) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Make three depressions in the dry mixture. Pour oil into one depression, cider vinegar into another and vanilla into third. Pour cold coffee over entire surface and mix well.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. When pulled from the oven, cake will be flaky on top with a layer of gooeyness underneath.
- Drizzle remaining 1 cup of hot, fresh coffee over hot cake (mainly on outside edges but a little in the center too).
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream.
Chocolate, cinnamon, AND COFFEE?? LORD - This is Food For Goddesses isn't it? THANK YOU for sharing - it's SO deliciously mushy and I can NOT stop eating it. Apple cider vinegar is good for me right???