Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was reallly suprised to see that there was no other recipe like this here as this is so delicious and a great way to end a meal
- Over a double boiler or super low flame melt baking chocolate.
- Add sugar, pudding and vanilla until dissolved.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir continuously until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whip up the topping until stiff with a tablespoon of sugar.
- In a separate bowl add chocolate mixture to margarine stick and beat well.
- Add topping until all is well combined.
- Pour into prepared cookie pie crust and refrigerate or freeze.
- Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Cool whip is not dairy-free, even though it says it is "non-dairy", it has casein in it which is a dairy protein. Also the only pudding mix that I have found that is dairy-free is from my local health food store. Carefully read the labels of ingredients before using them to make sure they are truly dairy-free.
Most of the ingredients listed here must be carefully checked to be dairy-free, especially the margarine, pudding, and pie crust.