1/2 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie Filling - Dairy Free
1 hr 30 mins
East and yummy chicken pot pie filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In deep skillet, bring chicken, stock, parsley, celery and bay leaf to simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium-low heat.
- 2Add carrots and onions, cook for about 10 minutes (cooked but still firm).
- 3Remove chicken and let cool.
- 4Transfer carrots and onions to 1.5 ltr casserole dish. Discard parsley, celery and bay leafs.
- 5Cut chicken into 1-1/2 inch chunks and add to casserole along with the ham and peas.
- 6In small dish blend flour with butter until smooth. Stir in a few tbs of stock to make paste. Blend back into remaining stock in skillet, bring to simmer and cook until thickened (3 - 4 minutes) stirring constantly.
- 7Pour into casserole and cool.
- 8Fit pastry over casserole and seal edges. Cut slits for steam.
- 9Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 350°F and cook for another 50 - 60 minutes, until filling is bubbly.
- 11If pastry begins to get too brown, cover with foil while cooking.
- 12****For freezing for later use either freeze filling and make the crust and bake when ready to eat OR make pie but freeze before baking and bake it when ready to eat it.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie Filling - Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 1053.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 31.7 g