Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Reheats very well, serve over cooked spaghetti
Make and share this Chicked Cacciatore - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 large mushrooms, chopped
- 4 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 lb italian tomato, with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Saute garlic and onion until just browning.
- Add mushrooms, cook until limp.
- Remove veggies from pan.
- Brown chicken in same pan.
- Return mushrooms, onion and garlic to pan.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano, basil, cayenne, wine and salt, bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook covered for an hour, check from time to time adding more wine if needed.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.