The Silly Goose's Note:
I have modified Chewy Granola Bars to fit into our allergen free diet. Everyone loves these!! These are free of milk, egg, gluten, corn, soy and so ON!! Sorry about missing changing the directions. I have been tweaking the recipe. Everything should be correct now. You WILL have to read labels to be sure that the items you buy are allergen free. This recipe is quite forgiving but using regular rice flour helps them to stick together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup spectrum non-hydrogenated shortening (or vegan margarine)
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar, for vegan
- 1 egg equivalent egg substitute (I use Flax vegan egg re placer #104832)
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (if not in flour mix) or 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (if not in flour mix)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (look for corn and gluten free brands)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (organic brown rice cereal is CORN FREE)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Brand are free of corn, milk, soy, gluten, etc)
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil 9x13 baking pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- 3Add honey, egg replace and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- 4In medium bowl, combine flour, gar gum, salt and baking soda. Blend.
- 5Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- 6By hand mix in chocolate chips, nuts, rice cereal and oats.
- 7Press firmly into pan.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, until brown.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Granola Bars Vegan, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semisweet vegan chocolate chips