Cook1 hr 15 mins
Had a problem with the fridge and had my puff pastry thaw on me, so, I'm trying to find ways to use it up fast. This morning I put this quiche together and used a sheet of my pastry for the bottom crust. You need to bake the crust first then fill it thus making it somewhat time consuming. I suggest you do part (or all) of this Quiche ahead of time if you're going to make it for breakfast.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry (I used one sheet)
- 4 ounces blue cheese (I used grated Sheese)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagemonterrey jack cheese (I used vegan)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package white button mushrooms (stems removed and chopped)
- 3 stocks celery (chopped)
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Put rack in the middle of the oven.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry and put it into a 9 inch pie pan. I wish I had a square pie pan, it would be easier to use, but a round one works OK.
- Put the rolled out puff pastry into your pie pan leaving the edges hang over a little because the pastry will shrink.
- Poke holes "all over" the puff pastry and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and prepare your ingredients.
- In a non-stick saute pan cook the celery and green onions until slightly soft, add the mushrooms and saute for about 3 more minutes. Set this aside.
- Chop up your herbs and grate your cheese.
- Whisk up the eggs and add the milk and salt and pepper. Give it a good stir. At this point I mixed the sauteed veggies to the egg milk mixture and gave it another good stir.
- Once the puff pastry shell is cooked remove it from the oven -- leaving the oven on.
- Take 1/2 the blue cheese and sprinkle it onto the bottom of the puff pastry crust. The other half will go on top. Then sprinkle the the Monterrey jack cheese on the bottom and up the sides of the puff pastry. If you don't use it all save what you have left for the top.
- Add the veggie, egg/milk mixture into the puff pastry crust. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and sprinkle the rest of the cheese you have left on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!