Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
I have yet to try these. If you try them before I do, please let me know what you think!
Make and share this Cheeseless Cheese Crackers (Gluten and Dairy Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 9 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- Combine lentils and water in a pot. Heat to boiling, then simmer for 20-30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until they form a smooth sauce. The mixture should have the consistency of porridge; you may need to add extra water to get it there.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or a cookie press. Make shapes (I make mostly stars but also alphabet letters) on two cookie sheets that are either nonstick or lined with parchment paper. The crackers don't spread while baking, so you can put them very close together on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just starting to brown. (I generally swap the positions of the two cookie sheets part-way through to encourage them to cook evenly. Otherwise the crackers on the bottom cookie sheet end up overcooked.) At this point the crackers will be soft. Turn off the oven and allow to remain for 30 minutes or until crisp. Remove and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight containiner.
Sorry for the low rating but these weren't good at all. They were sour and salty. I liked the texture though and I might play around with it substituting the apple cider and cutting back the salt. I intended on making these for my toddler but I'll probably throw them out. I feel bad wasting quality ingredients.