I have yet to try these. If you try them before I do, please let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine lentils and water in a pot. Heat to boiling, then simmer for 20-30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until they form a smooth sauce. The mixture should have the consistency of porridge; you may need to add extra water to get it there.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or a cookie press. Make shapes (I make mostly stars but also alphabet letters) on two cookie sheets that are either nonstick or lined with parchment paper. The crackers don't spread while baking, so you can put them very close together on the cookie sheet.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes or until just starting to brown. (I generally swap the positions of the two cookie sheets part-way through to encourage them to cook evenly. Otherwise the crackers on the bottom cookie sheet end up overcooked.) At this point the crackers will be soft. Turn off the oven and allow to remain for 30 minutes or until crisp. Remove and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight containiner.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseless Cheese Crackers (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: