1/3 Photos of Buffalo Wings With Dairy Free Blue Cheese Dressing
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I gave up dairy years ago but with so many food substitutions I haven't had to go without. The vegan cheese substitutes are very tasty and this one is no exception. Remember to disjoint the chicken wings and discard the little tips and save for soup stock. I got the original recipe from Cooks.com. Note: I didn't include the over night times in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 cup unfiltered cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or other light oil)
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh ground is best)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 lbs chicken wings
FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
- 1FOR THE MARINADE:.
- 2Mix everything but the chicken wings together in a bowl.
- 3Put the cut up chicken wings in a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid and pour the marinade on top.
- 4Over the next 24 hours turn the plastic container upside down then right sight up several times to ensure the marinade gets into all the wings. Leave in the fridge over night.
- 5When it comes time to grill, oil the grill and heat to high, then grill for about 25-30 minutes until the juices run clear form the wings. Keep an eye on the wings, don't want to burn them!
- 6FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:.
- 7Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and a little soy milk together in a bowl. Crumble up the blue cheese and put into the mixture. Give it a good stir. Add some more milk if you think it's too thick. Refrigerate over night.
- 8Serve along side the Buffalo Chicken Wings with celery if you like.
- 9Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Wings With Dairy Free Blue Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.6
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 255.6 mg
- Sodium 1101.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 61.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian worcestershire sauce
vegan sour cream