Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I gave up dairy years ago but with so many food substitutions I haven't had to go without. The vegan cheese substitutes are very tasty and this one is no exception. Remember to disjoint the chicken wings and discard the little tips and save for soup stock. I got the original recipe from Cooks.com. Note: I didn't include the over night times in the recipe.
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 cup unfiltered cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or other light oil)
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh ground is best)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 lbs chicken wings
FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
- 2⁄3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove (pressed)
- 2 tbsp.vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons soymilk (you can add more or less depending on how thick you like this)
- 5 ounces vegan blue cheese (I used Blue Style Sheese)
- FOR THE MARINADE:.
- Mix everything but the chicken wings together in a bowl.
- Put the cut up chicken wings in a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid and pour the marinade on top.
- Over the next 24 hours turn the plastic container upside down then right sight up several times to ensure the marinade gets into all the wings. Leave in the fridge over night.
- When it comes time to grill, oil the grill and heat to high, then grill for about 25-30 minutes until the juices run clear form the wings. Keep an eye on the wings, don't want to burn them!
- FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:.
- Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and a little soy milk together in a bowl. Crumble up the blue cheese and put into the mixture. Give it a good stir. Add some more milk if you think it's too thick. Refrigerate over night.
- Serve along side the Buffalo Chicken Wings with celery if you like.
- Bon Appetit!