Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adaptation of a recipe from a 1950s cookbook called "500 Delicious Dishes From Leftovers". I have been looking for good things to do with leftover bread crumbs that don't involve frying! These are a somewhat bland pancake. I like to think of them as a blank canvas for maple syrup! But with no added sweetner they can be changed as you would like. My kids gobbled them up!
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk and oil.
- While it is sitting mix the other ingredients together.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and eggs to the milk and mix.
- Pour onto a hot griddle and cook until done, flipping once.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.