This is an adaptation of a recipe from a 1950s cookbook called "500 Delicious Dishes From Leftovers". I have been looking for good things to do with leftover bread crumbs that don't involve frying! These are a somewhat bland pancake. I like to think of them as a blank canvas for maple syrup! But with no added sweetner they can be changed as you would like. My kids gobbled them up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk and oil.
- 2While it is sitting mix the other ingredients together.
- 3Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and eggs to the milk and mix.
- 4Pour onto a hot griddle and cook until done, flipping once.
- 5Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Crumb Pancakes (low Fat and Dairy Free!)
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 268.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: