Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Eather fresh or frozen blueberries can be used. Frozen may need longer cooking time.
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over 400, grease muffin cups.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Mix egg, oil and water together, then stir them into the flour mixture.
- Stir only until flour is moist.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle top with optional sugar and cinammon (if desired).
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
I found the consistency of the mixture very heavy and thick, not as smooth as I'm used to with other muffin recipe's I've used. So, I added 2 bananas and it seemed to work well but still a little bland for my tastes.
I really enjoyed these! to make it slightly healthier, I did 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour & 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour. Then I replaced 2 tablespoons of oil with 2 tables of my friends homemade applesauce. Delicious!