Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Eather fresh or frozen blueberries can be used. Frozen may need longer cooking time.
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat over 400, grease muffin cups.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Mix egg, oil and water together, then stir them into the flour mixture.
- Stir only until flour is moist.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle top with optional sugar and cinammon (if desired).
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
I found the consistency of the mixture very heavy and thick, not as smooth as I'm used to with other muffin recipe's I've used. So, I added 2 bananas and it seemed to work well but still a little bland for my tastes.
I really enjoyed these! to make it slightly healthier, I did 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour & 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour. Then I replaced 2 tablespoons of oil with 2 tables of my friends homemade applesauce. Delicious!