Chef #1002889's Note:
I have very fussy kids and have so much trouble getting them to each vegies, so now I hide them in muffins. The muffins are mostly sweetened with stevia so they are low sugar. They can eat as many as they want and I know they are getting lots of good stuff into them. With the coconut milk instead of butter and milk they are also diary free.
My Private Note
mini mu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium beetroots, peeled
- 270 ml unsweetened coconut milk (the kind that gets the solid fat ontop when cold)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup stevia (I used the Hermesetas Granulated Stevia, which is a 1 -- 1 by volume sugar replacement)
- 2 1/2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1Grate the beetroot by hand or use grating attachment on the food processor. Remove grating attachment and insert regular food processing blade.
- 2Add eggs, coconut milk, vanilla essence and salt then whizz on medium until combined.
- 3Add 2 cups of flour and whizz on slow to medium until combined. If mixture looks too wet and does not hold shape well add the rest of the flour and whizz again.
- 4Add the sesame seeds and whizz slowly until combined (we want these to stay whole and not be pureed).
- 5Scrape mixture into a large ziplock bag and seal bag. Snip one corner of the bag and squeeze mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
- 6Cook in pre-heated oven on 180 C (350-360 F) for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out cleanly when inserted.
- 7Cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot & Sesame Muffins-Low Sugar, Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wholemeal self-rising flour