2 hrs 25 mins
Easy and tasty beef pop pie filling. Or make it a beef and kidney pot pie for something different and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs beef (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- pie crust, premade
- 1Mix flour, salt and pepper; dredge meat.
- 2In large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat; brown meat. Add onions, garlic and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes (until softened). Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in remaining flour, add stock and cook, stirring until thickened and boiling. Add bat leaf, thyme and basil then cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours (until beef is tender).
- 4Discard bay leaf.
- 5Stir in potatoes, carrots and parsley.
- 6Place everything in 2.5 ltr baking dish.
- 7Place rolled out pie crust on top, sealing the edges. Cut slits for steam.
- 8Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- 9***For freezing for later use either freeze filling and make the crust and bake when ready to eat OR make pie but freeze before baking and bake it when ready to eat it.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Pot Pie Filling - Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.4
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 752.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g