Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
For best flavour use overripe banana's. can be made with ice cream maker or without. Cooking time included chill time.
- Mash bananas until smooth, stir in lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Let cool to room temperature. (to speed up cooling of syrup place in fridge for 40 - 45 minutes.).
- Stir cooled syrop into banana puree.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- Place in a shallow pan covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours.