1/2 Photos of Applesauce Molasses Cake - Low-Fat, Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
What's Cooking?'s Note:
A moist, delicious spice cake that also happens to be low in fat and free of gluten and dairy. If you use another GF flour mix make sure it contains adequate amounts of guar gum or xanthan gum to help the cake rise. Kosher: Pareve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (fine ground)
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl, combining thoroughly.
- 3Blend wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients slowly while beating with electric beater or large whisk. Beat thoroughly, until smooth.
- 5Spray 9" round cake pan or 9x13" baking pan with baking spray. (For easier removal of cake from pan, place parchment paper on bottom of pan before spraying). Pour batter into cake pan.
- 6Bake cake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out nearly clean.
- 7Remove cake from pan and place on cooling rack. Serve while warm.
- 8Optionally, the cake can be frosted with vanilla frosting or dusted with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Molasses Cake - Low-Fat, Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 415.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: