Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Apple Spice Muffins - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup grated apple
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, if desired (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F, grease muffin cups.
- Peel, core apple and grate.
- Make spiced sugar by stirring cinnamon and nutmeg into 1 tbs sugar, reserve.
- Sift flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt together into mixing bowl.
- Mix egg, oil, water and grated apple together.
- Stir them all together into dry ingredients, until flour is moistened.
- Stir in raisins (if used).
- Spoon into muffin cups, and sprinkle top with spiced sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.