1/1 Photo of Ann 's Almond Chocolate Ice Cream Dairy Free
I made Horchata De Almendra (Almond Horchata) milk from here on zaar to make this non dairy ice cream! Great for the lactose intolerant! And full of almond flavor. Be sure to use sweetened almond milk as in these 2 Horchata De Almendra (Almond Horchata) or Horchata De Almendra (Almond Horchata) from Spain because there is no additional sugar in this recipe. Strain it well so it is smooth. or if not it will have a little texture. The term 'coat a spoon' is a technique used mainly as a way to test when an egg-based custard or sauce is done. A spoon, usually wooden, is placed in the custard and, when the spoon is raised, the film of custard on the back of the spoon will stay in place even when you draw a line with your finger through the middle of the custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups almond milk, heated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- chocolate-covered almonds
- 1In a food processor or mixer beat the egg yolks until light and fluffy (about two minutes); gradually pour the hot almond milk into whipped egg yolk mixture making sure you keep whisking constantly so the eggs don't curdle. .
- 2Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, cook until the custard thickens enough that it coats the back of a spoon (170 degrees F) (77 degrees C). (Microwaving is fine to as long as you watch it.).
- 3Immediately remove the custard from the heat and continue to stir the custard for a few minutes so it does not overcook. At this point stir in the chocolate till melted, vanilla extract and the Amaretto. Cover and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate the custard until it is completely cold (several hours or overnight).
- 4Transfer the cold custard to the container of your ice cream machine and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 5Just before removing ice cream add toasted nut to mix inches Then transfer the ice cream to a chilled container and store in the freezer. .
- 6If the ice cream becomes too hard place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving so it can soften.
- 7Garnish with chocolate covered almonds.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ann 's Almond Chocolate Ice Cream Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: