1/1 Photo of Almond Ice Cream (Dairy Free)
24 hrs 15 mins
ZWT7 Pacific Islands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender or food processor, very finely grind the almonds. Use the pulse function and watch carefully. You do not want the nuts to release too much oil, which will turn them into nut butter.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, combine the water, sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon stick, and half of the almonds.
- 3Place over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Decrease the heat to medium and add the rest of the almonds, continuing to stir.
- 5As soon as the mixture boils again, remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- 6Transfer the cooled mixture to an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you do not have an ice-cream maker, transfer the mixture to a 4-cup container (a glass, stainless-steel, or plastic bowl will do) and place in the freezer for about 1 hour, or until half frozen.
- 7During this hour, remove the ice cream from the freezer every 5 to 10 minutes and beat it with a whisk to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- 8After the first hour, return the ice cream to the freezer and leave it there for at least 2 hours, or until fully frozen.
- 9When made by either method, transfer the finished ice cream to an airtight container and store in the freezer. It will keep for up to 1 week.
- 10When ready to serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer about 20 minutes in advance to allow it to soften slightly. Spoon into small dishes to serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Ice Cream (Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.6
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 86.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g