Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, filling and EASY chicken chili from The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
Make and share this 20-Minute Chicken Chili - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans or 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- Trim any fat from chicken breasts; cut into 1-inch (2. 5 cm) cubes.
- In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add onion, green pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans; increase heat and boil, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Add corn.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through.
This is so good! I am so glad I made this for dinner tonight. I omitted the green pepper, but used a whole can of corn. I also added a little bit of minced garlic. I used tomatoes with chiles, and black beans. Easy, fast, and most importantly, delicious! I like a little more broth in my chili, so I added about 3/4 cup of water, but that is my personal preference. I also topped with a little bit of cheese! YUM! I will make this often. Thanks so much!
We really enjoyed this speedy, tasty dish thank you. I could only get a reddish pepper, added in some garlic and about half a cup of water (we like our chilli wetter than this looked like it would end up). We sprinkled a bit of fresh coriander over it to serve then had cheese and sour cream at the table. Yum!
We loved this chili, it was even better reheated the next day. I topped each bowl with cheese. :)