Yummy, filling and EASY chicken chili from The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
Make and share this 20-Minute Chicken Chili - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans or 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- Trim any fat from chicken breasts; cut into 1-inch (2. 5 cm) cubes.
- In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add onion, green pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans; increase heat and boil, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Add corn.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through.